This option is where the loft is not big enough for a loft conversion, it creates additional headroom for the staircase and new room or rooms. If an additional bathroom is wanted along with the rooms the increased height created by the Dormer provides extra height above the fittings.
This option is for people looking for a smaller loft conversion, normally for a single bedroom, study, etc. where adequate height is available within the existing loft space.
This type of conversion is normally designed within the inner London areas, where clients are following the Mansard trend of similar conversions in their area. This type of conversion was the preferred design a number of years ago, and would most likely be the preferred option from a planning perspective in sensitive areas.
There are several options available to you when you decide to have your loft converted. Firstly, you must decide what type of conversion you require and will be allowed by your Local Authority. The options could be a Velux only conversion or a Dormer conversion with a number of Velux windows. Whatever you decide Creative Loft Conversions will be able to advise and guide you through the process.
Creative Loft Conversions are also able to offer a shell conversion to our clients, therefore we are able to do as much or as little of the work as you require.
- Design and full working drawings complying to building regulations
- Structural calculations
- Planning permission if necessary
- All submissions to local authorities
- Full structure inc. floor, stairs, windows, supports, walls
- Skirting, doors, architraves, etc.
- Electrics and plumbing as required
- Plaster finish and ready to decorate
- Survey plans and design as full conversion
- Floor, structural work and supports
- Stairs, timber work for stud walls, etc.
- Windows, roof work, external finishings
- Part build will include as much of the above as needed